General Transit Feed Specification is a common format for public transportation schedules and associated geographic information. It is the data used by google Maps.
2. Details of GTFS
GTFS is a set of text files that represent a snapshot of scheduled transit services
a. Agency.txt – Details of Agency publishing the data
b. Routes.txt – Details of Routes name and type
c. Trips.txt – Details of trip and service
d. Stops.txt – Details of location and stops name
e. Stop_times.txt – Details of arrival & Departure
f. calender.txt – Details of availability days & dates
including other additional optional fields such as calendar dates, fare attributes, fare rules, shapes, frequencies, transfers, and feed info
1. Trip updates – delays, cancellations, changed routes
2. Service alerts – stop moved, unforeseen events affecting a station, route or the entire network
3. Vehicle positions – information about the vehicles including location and congestion level
3. what are the data we have?
Indian Railways Train Time Table
Data published by: Ministry of Railways
Last updated: 2017
4. when we have GTFS DATA
To passengers and potential users of higher-quality information on services.
To operators and regulators from the use of analytic and monitoring tools.
To society more generally of operating in an open data ecosystem.
5. Architecture for transit
6. Use case value of application
KMRL – Kochi Metro Rail GTFS
Next Bus Delhi: Android Application of DTC buses
Data used: Delhi Open Transit Data (GTFS)
RPT – Rochester public Transit
BART – BAY AREA ROAD TRANSPORT
CITY OF OREGON
7. How GTFS Transition will help government to do performance check and improvements
- Transit network Analysis.
- Defining route service span, travel times, headway, stop amenities, Transfer stations, and Interlined routes.
- Fare structure
- Planning functions native to transit agencies including service development.
- Operational analysis